Sometimes, Hollywood gets it wrong when it comes to showing guns in movies. They make mistakes like showing suppressors on revolvers or actors handling guns in unrealistic ways. But there are times when they actually get it right, thanks to experts like Rock Galotti and Taran Butler who train actors. “John Wick: Chapter 4” is a good example of a movie where they did a great job with guns, even though it’s a fantasy story.
Here are some cool guns you’ll see in the movie:
- GLOCK 34 (TTI COMBAT MASTER PACKAGE):
- They took a regular Glock 34 and customized it with special upgrades from Taran Tactical Innovations.
- They changed the grip, added some texture to the frame, and put on a cool bronze finish on the barrel.
- It got a unique two-tone look with a black slide coating, a special trigger, and high-quality sights.
- TTI PIT VIPER:
- This gun was made just for the movie and is like the ultimate fantasy fighting pistol.
- It’s a 9mm Pit Viper with a big magazine, a built-in compensator to control recoil, and cool features like a fiber optic front sight.
- The design includes a special bladed stand-off or fangs.
- THOMPSON/CENTER ENCORE DUELING PISTOLS:
- In a duel scene, John Wick and another character use these beautifully engraved Thompson/Center Encore pistols.
- An artist named Melissa McMinn spent over 1,000 hours on each pistol, making them look amazing with gold bead front sights and fancy walnut boxes.
- MARLIN 1894 LEVER GUN BY MAD PIG CUSTOMS:
- They used 13 Marlin rifles in .44 Magnum, but there were challenges because the blanks they used had feeding issues.
- The rifles were turned into takedown models, and even though some parts are no longer available, they look really cool in the movie.
- TTI DRACARYS GEN-12 SHOTGUN:
- This shotgun is called the ultimate close-quarters weapon, and it’s a 12-gauge semi-automatic with a short barrel.
- It has a special trigger, safety selector, and other cool features, along with a holographic sight just for this gun.
Even though Hollywood often makes mistakes with guns in movies, “John Wick: Chapter 4″ did a great job making the guns look cool and realistic for the fantasy world of the film.