The Most- watched movies and shows on Netflix that surprise you

Netflix recently released its first engagement report, highlighting a significant increase in transparency regarding viewership data. Notable within the array of popular content on the streaming platform are global sensations, teen-centric series, and stories driven by female leads.

The Most- watched movies and shows on Netflix that surprise you

Leading the roster of the most-viewed shows and movies on Netflix between January and June 2023 are titles such as the FBI thriller “The Night Agent,” the initial two seasons of “Ginny & Georgia,” the Korean drama “The Glory,” Jenna Ortega’s “Wednesday,” the “Bridgerton” spinoff “Queen Charlotte,” the fourth season of Penn Badgley’s “You,” the third season of the Spanish telenovela “La Reina del Sur,” the third season of “Outer Banks,” and Arnold Schwarzenegger’s “FUBAR,” according to the streaming platform’s official report.

The Most- watched movies and shows on Netflix that surprise you

In Netflix’s vast collection boasting more than 18,000 titles, the selection of the top 100 encompasses a varied array of content. Notable inclusions consist of the fourth season of “Manifest,” the second season of “Firefly Lane,” Jennifer Lopez’s gripping thriller “The Mother,” Eddie Murphy’s “You People,” both seasons of the recently concluded “Sex/Life,” reality shows such as “Perfect Match,” and the fourth season of “Love Is Blind.” Furthermore, shining brightly in the realm of award season accolades are the standout performances of “The Diplomat” and “Beef.”

Netflix has traditionally maintained a degree of secrecy regarding audience viewing habits, often showcasing successful content through “Top 10” or “Most Popular” lists instead of divulging detailed consumption figures. The recently disclosed data marks a departure by publicly revealing the least-watched shows and movies for the first time.

The Most- watched movies and shows on Netflix that surprise you

As per Netflix, non-English language programming such as “The Snow Girl” (Spain), “The Empress” (Germany), and “Fauda” (Israel) constituted 30% of viewers’ most-watched content. Original series and films contributed to 55% of viewing time, with the remaining 45% attributed to licensed content like “Grey’s Anatomy” and “Suits,” both of which have garnered renewed interest among audiences on the platform.

Read More Netflix Discloses Viewer Hours for “The Night Agent” and “Queen Charlotte

The debut season of “Suits,” originally airing for nine seasons on the USA Network, claimed the 67th spot among the most-watched programs on Netflix until June of this year – even before the show experienced a significant resurgence during the summer.

During a press call involving reporters, including CNN, Netflix co-CEO Ted Sarandos emphasized the success of “Suits” while introducing the new engagement report on Tuesday.

Sarandos noted, “What’s intriguing is a show like ‘Suits,’ which had a long run on USA, was available on Peacock, and had been accessible on Amazon for a couple of years before it arrived on Netflix. Nevertheless, we managed to unlock a vast global audience for it, thanks to the combination of our extensive subscriber base and our recommendation system, which knew how to present ‘Suits’ to those who would appreciate it the most.”

Squid Game: The Challenge: What do the marbles mean?

Netflix plans to unveil viewer data for the second half of 2023 in the upcoming year.

Leave a Comment